Acupuncture Near Me in Manhasset, NY 11030
5 Benefits of Acupuncture Treatment
Ni Nan Healing Art Center can help you if you’re interested in acupuncture treatment. They are a renowned acupuncture clinic in Manhasset, NY, offering effective treatments to countless clients. Chinese acupuncturists at this clinic specialize in various types of acupuncture, including stress relief, pain management, and acupuncture for fertility, among other holistic remedies for health and wellness.
Originally developed more than 3,000 years ago, acupuncture is a form of traditional Chinese medicine. Acupuncture is based on the notion that blockages in Qi (pronounced chi), or energy, that flows through meridians, or pathways, throughout the body, can result in symptoms and diseases.
By inserting very thin needles at strategic points along meridians, the flow of Qi can be restored, and balanced Qi can be beneficial to physical and mental health. If your in need of an acupuncture company in Manhasset, NY please consider Ni Nan Healing Art Center.
What are the Benefits of Acupuncture Treatment?
This type of holistic healing offers a number of benefits; however, acupuncture treatment has been successfully used to treat the following conditions:
· Stress. When we are stressed, our body reacts to situations it perceives as dangerous; however, if we suffer from too much stress, our body and mind are adversely affected.
Acupuncture has been shown to reduce stress levels, thereby improving overall health and well-being. How? By enhancing the flow of endorphins, a neurotransmitter that promotes relaxation. It has been found that increasing the flow of endorphins reduces stress levels and improves mental and physical health.
· Pain. In addition to providing pain relief for a number of conditions, acupuncture is also known to relieve lower back pain, migraines, knee pain, tension headaches, neck pain, discomfort associated with arthritis, and chronic pain conditions such as fibromyalgia.
The release of endorphins is promoted by acupuncture. In addition to relieving stress and pain, endorphins increase the feeling of wellbeing and happiness. Furthermore, it can affect the way serotonin is processed by the brain, which impacts mood. The combination of these two things may be able to alleviate moderate, severe, and chronic forms of pain.
· Infertility. It has also been demonstrated that acupuncture can assist with fertility. In addition to relieving stress, which may be a factor that negatively affects fertility, acupuncture can also increase blood flow to female and male reproductive organs. Acupuncture fertility clinics have helped many men and women struggling with infertility.
· Insomnia. Insomnia is a condition that is marked by the inability to fall asleep or stay asleep. Stress, low levels of serotonin, and low levels of serotonin are thought to play a role in causing these sleep disturbances. As acupuncture releases endorphins, the ‘feel-good’ chemicals that the body naturally produces, and as it affects the way the brain processes serotonin, a neurotransmitter that affects mood, it can promote sleep.
· Cancer. Numerous studies have documented the benefits of acupuncture in the treatment of cancer. It may enhance immunity, making cancer treatments, such as chemotherapy and radiation, more effective.
According to a study, it may be helpful for treating cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy and radiation, as it might help prevent the loss of healthy cells. Additionally, research has found that cancer patients who receive acupuncture treatments experience less pain, suffer from fewer side effects of chemotherapy and radiation, and enjoy a better quality of life.
The conditions listed above are just a few of the conditions that can be effectively treated with acupuncture. If you or someone you love is suffering from any of the above-mentioned conditions in Nassau County or other mental or physical ailments Ni Nan Healing Art Center may be able to help.
Ni Nan Healing Art Center: Improving the Health and Well-Being of Nassau County residents
Ni Nan Healing Art Center in Nassau County offers several types of acupuncture services that may be able to treat a range of conditions. Their acupuncturists are committed to helping Manhasset, NY improves their health and quality of life and would love to assist you in restoring your Qi. To learn more about the benefits of acupuncture or to schedule an appointment, call 516-442-7408 for a free consultation.
Some information about Manhasset, NY
Manhasset is a hamlet and census-designated place (CDP) in Nassau County, on the North Shore of Long Island, in New York, United States. The population was 8,080 at the 2010 census.
The Matinecock had a village on Manhasset Bay. These Native Americans called the area Sint Sink, meaning ‘place of small stones’. They made wampum from oyster shells. In 1623, the area was claimed by the Dutch West India Company and they began forcing English settlers to leave in 1640. A 1643 land purchase made it possible for English settlers to return to Cow Neck (the peninsula where present-day Port Washington, Manhasset, and surrounding villages are located.).
Manhasset Bay was previously known as Schout’s Bay (a schout being roughly the Dutch equivalent of a sheriff), Martin Garretson’s Bay (Martin Garretson was the Schout at one point), and later Cow Bay or Cow Harbor. Cow Neck was so called because it offered good grazing land. By 1659, there were over 300 cows and 5 mi (8 km) fence separating Cow Neck from the areas south of it. The settlers came to an agreement that each of them could have one cow on the neck for each section of fence the individual had constructed. The area was more formally divided among the settlers when the fence was removed in 1677. Manhasset took on the name Little Cow Neck, Port Washington was known as Upper Cow Neck.
During the American Revolution, Little Cow Neck suffered at the hands of the British. Many structures and properties, such as the 1719 Quaker Meeting House were burned, seized or damaged. The Town of North Hempstead separated from the Town of Hempstead in 1784 because the South, inhabited mainly by Church of England people, was loyal to the king. The Northern communities and villages, dominated by Yankee Congregationalists supported independence.
Directions from Manhasset, NY to Ni Nan Healing Art Center